Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Think I Found My Bike

I was prowling the Motored Bikes.com forum last night and found a pretty good resource for building a motorized bike out of a Kulana Moon Dog bicycle that can be purchased at Wal-Mart. The bike looks nice, although I think I'd have to paint it since I don't like the color choices. I'm thinking red to match my car and since red is my favorite color and all. The orange (and the blue not pictured) just don't look too nice in my opinion.

There's a lot of discussion in the forum about the success of fitting the standard 2-cycle engine into the diamond frame of the Moon Dog. Apparently, it fits rather nicely with almost no problems that can't be easily fixed.

The pictures featured in this post are from users who have used this bike to successfully mod the bike. Engine selection is still up in the air as of now. I basically have three choices: KingsMotors, ThatsDax, or generic ebay motor. Either way I go, it will be an 80cc motor that can go about 30-40mph and get 100-150mpg. This is exactly what I want. I just need to find out who had the most luck with either engine. Right now, I'm reading the best stuff about the engine from Dax since they seem to be better made.

Here is a picture of what I kind of hope to make. The frame is orange, so, just picture it red and that is what it will be.


The more and more I think about this whole thing, the more excited I get!

No comments: